This is the correct console cable for the EOC-3220 ,
EOC-3220 EXT, EOC-3220+ and EOC-8610.
If you are using the EOC units it is a good idea to have one of these incase you
forget the ip address / password or lock yourself out of the unit. There is no
reset button on the EOC units so you will require this cable to get back in.
NOTE: Not all USB to serial converters will work with hyperterminal use a computer with a 9 pin serial port if at all possible.
Click here for the eoc-3610s eoc-8610s reset procedure
This is the procedure for the eoc-3220:
The console port is under the square cap on the bottom of the unit that says "up" you have to remove the 2 screws.
1. Connect the EOC-3220 to your computer with a null modem serial cable.
2. Start a HyperTerminal session: Click Start and then select Programs ->
Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
3. After the HyperTerminal window appears:
a. Give this new connection a name. Ex: EOC-3220.
b. Select correct COM port. Ex:COM1.
c. Set baud rate as "38400", data bits "8", parity "none", stop bits "1", and
flow control as "None". Then press “OK” to bring up the HyperTerminal window.
d. unplug the power on the POE injector wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.
4. Wait until the "#" is displayed in the HyperTerminal window.
5. Type "flash reset", then hit enter.
6. Type "reboot", then hit enter. After the device reboots, all settings will be
at factory default.